16 November 2010

Week Six Reflection-Shell #2

This last week we did some more drawing in class, some gestures and also a long pose. This was challenging and draining, but going slow and measuring out angles and proportion paid off; the drawings turned out well. Gestures are becoming a lot more natural, and it's getting easier to see how the body is moving and bending when we sketch it. For our homework we did a second drawing of our shell. I was a little more rushed on this one, so I didn't fully explore the positioning and I was still confused on how to correctly show the shell. I tried to get an angle but my drawing turned out too horizontal again. Other than that, it went alright, and I pushed lights, darks, and expression a little further. Still, when I finished, I noticed that the proportion could have been more accurate, which I could've pushed by spending more time drawing. Overall the week went well, and the muscles are getting easier to build although they still are quite time consuming. I hope for my next shell drawing to spend a lot more time and attention to how I lay it out on the paper.


2 comments:

  1. I totally agree when you say the gesture drawings have become much more natural. Thinking back I know how difficult gesture drawings once were and how fast the time would fly by, but now I find myself completing the gesture drawing in the allotted time. As for the shell drawing I think that many of us improved although there is always something to be worked on. I agree that the placement of your shell could be addressed more closely as it seems very horizontal although I feel that many people were still having difficulties with that. But it is could you recognize that this needs to be worked further for the next shell drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your line variation is a really nice touch to this shell drawing, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete